The Consolidated IFAD Programme Implementation Unit (CPIU-IFAD) was created in 2000 year by the Government of Moldova to implement the rural and agricultural development programmes funded by the International Fund for Agricultural Development, based in Rome, Italy. The CPIU-IFAD it is implementing two ongoing projects Inclusive Rural Economic and Climate Resilience Programme (IRECR) and Rural Resilience Project. For implementation of projects activities CPIU IFAD conduct to monitoring and evaluation activities with the purpose to effectively implement and coordinate the CPIU M&E System.
Now CPIU IFAD project is seeking an individual consultant (here and after “Consultant”) for vacant position M&E Specialist. The M&E Specialist will provide support to M&E Senior Specialist in all aspects related to monitoring and evaluation activities with the purpose to effectively implement and coordinate the CPIU M&E System. The M&E Specialist reports to M&E Senior Specialist.
In particular Consultant shall perform the following:
- Contribute to development/improvement of M&E system for each programmes component;
- Assist M&E Senior Specialist in the development of Annual Work Plans and Budgets;
- Contribute to identification and designing of performance questions, key indicators and formats for monitoring;
- Carry out field monitoring trips on a regular basis, including collection of M&E performance indicators and data entering into M&E database;
- Perform regular beneficiary data collection exercises including design of questionnaires, sampling strategies, database creation and further data analysis in SPSS or other statistical software and data presentation;
- Assist M&E Senior Specialist in the preparation of half-yearly, annual reports, completion and other ad-hoc reports;
- Contribute to documentation and collection of information related to case studies and special researches;
- Assist as required external monitoring, review and evaluation mission visiting CPIU;
- Contribute for the implementation of the CPIU GIS system including collection of GIS specific data, software update and presentation of findings along with regular team meetings on spatial distribution of beneficiaries and project activities;
- Carry out other tasks as assigned by M&E Senior Specialist and/or CPIU Director;
- Ensure fulfilment of other tasks and responsibilities as per Job descriptions for this position.
Duration of the Assignment
The M&E Specialist will be contracted on a fixed-term employment contract based on 40-hour weekly work programme and concluded in line with national labor legislation, with a
3 months’ probation period.
Qualification and Experience
• At least 3 year of working experience in monitoring and evaluation of agricultural and/or rural development projects, including data collection and analysis, or in other fields related to the position for which is competing;
• Willingness to perform field visits and to interview IFAD programmes’ beneficiaries;
• Excellent interpersonal skills and team player;
• Fluent in written and oral communication in Romanian, English and Russian;
• Good knowledge of the different national and local stakeholders concerned with agriculture, resources management, rural development, and climate change, including government and administration, private sector, civil society and international development partner agencies, and strong ability and readiness to communicate, and work with them;
Interested persons should provide information demonstrating that they have the required qualifications and relevant experience to perform job obligations on the vacant position. The key criteria for short list evaluation are the following:
1. General qualification - 30 points:
• Education degree: MSc, Bachelor in the field of specialization;
• Graduation of specific international training courses in the last 3 years
2. Specific previous experience in the field for vacant position – 30 points:
• Professional experience in the field related to this position;
• Experience in international funded project implementation.
3. Language skills -20 points:
• Fluency in English, Romanian, Russian
4. Computer management skills, statistical and GIS software – 20 points
Only persons included in the short list will be requested to submit Technical and financial offers.
Interested individuals must provide information verifying that they are qualified to perform the services and meet minimum required experience criteria above. Submitted information shall include: (i) Cover Letter; (ii) CV in English language; and at least (iii) One References (Recommendation Letters). Expressions of interest must be delivered to the address below not later than February 14, 2020, 11:00.
The Consultant will be selected based on the “Selection of Individual Consultants (ICS)” procurement method.
Interested individuals may obtain detailed information on the assignment at the address below from 08:00 – 17:00 (local time).
Consolidated Programme Implementation Unit (CPIU IFAD)
of. 1307, bd. Stefan cel Mare și Sfînt, 162,
Chisinau, MD-2004, Republic of Moldova
Tel/Fax: +373 22 22 18 80
Contact person: Ms. Nadejda Russu, Procurement Specialist
E-mail: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org